About the Role
Harper May is collaborating with a prominent biotechnology company that is pioneering cutting-edge treatments. They are searching for an adept Finance and Operations Director to lead finance, operations, provide strategic financial counsel, and contribute to the company's success.
This pivotal leadership role will play a fundamental part in steering the company's trajectory.
- Oversee the financial operations reporting to group CFO
- Manage the finance team to meet month end reporting requirements
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Assist in accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyses department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions as needed.
- Development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Support Director with special projects and workflow process improvements as required.
- Manage the accounting team.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified or equivalent
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.