Harper May is currently working with an innovative Education Charity who are an important centre of creativity with an outstanding collection. They are a registered charity dedicated to the advancement of education, learning and knowledge and are looking to recruit an experienced Management Accoutant to take responsibility for internal accounts management.
Key Management Accountant Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day processing and administration of all aspects of company's financial affairs
- Preparation of draft accounts and budgets. This will involve maintaining accurate records of all the financial transactions
- Overseeing payroll and pensions procedures as well as administrating VAT and Gift Aid processes.
- Ensure work is compliant with relevant legislation and guidelines, accurate and completed on time.
- Supporting budgeting activities and producing regular management reports to handling financial queries
- You will keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments and their implications for the organisation.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- You must be a qualified or part qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACMA)
- Ideally have knowledge of charity finance and experience of managing compliance and charitable funds.
- You will have an in-depth understanding of payroll administration and HMRC procedures as well as used to maintaining accounting systems such as SAGE.
- You will favour a collaborative working style, be flexible as well as good at building relationships and delivering to deadlines too.
- You will also possess good communication, problem solving and PC skills.