Harper May are currently working with a uniquely placed business that supports and promotes Global Design from grassroots to Government, delivering programmes, producing world-class research and influencing policy. They are currently looking for a Head of Finance who can drive change through systems implementation and manage the day to day finance function.
- Support the Director of Finance & Operations in the development of financial strategy
- Lead across the business in achieving the targets set in the financial strategy and annual business plan
- Manage any external relationships as delegated by the Director of Finance & Operations.
- Working with the Directors, senior team and the finance team, lead the annual business planning / budget process to deliver the organisation's strategic goals.
- Oversee and approve the production of the year-end statutory accounts working with the Financial Accountant in line with the Charity SORP
- Work with the MarComms Lead on the production of both the Annual Report and Impact Report
- Agree the audit programme, sign off the draft statutory accounts (and all schedules and all information forwarded as part of the audit).
- Actively monitoring and reporting on performance against the annual plan and budget each month, providing in depth analysis at least quarterly to be used by the Director of Finance & Operations when meeting with the Board and FAGP.
- Sign off the draft monthly Management Accounts, working with the finance team and senior colleagues, and advice the Director on performance and any actions required.
- Provide the senior team with financial support and financial advice to equip them to deliver their business and financial objectives.
- Lead the annual re-definition of the company's Financial Regulations, Financial Processes and the use of finance software.
- Provide line management for the Business Partner, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant and Assistant Financial Accountant.
- Ensure you comply with the company's operational policies and procedures including financial and risk management, project management and evaluation processes, brand guidelines and internal health and safety policy.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA)
- Excellent understanding of accounting software packages and working digitally
- Excellent understanding current audit, tax, treasury and other regulatory requirements
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Good knowledge of MS office especially Excel
- Extensive proven experience of leading a finance team and service is essential
- Extensive proven experience of system change/software implementation is essential
- Extensive experience of working collaboratively with non-finance staff is required
- Experience of working in a small national body with a large remit is an advantage
- Experience of one of the design disciplines, or Government funding, is an advantage.
- Ability to quickly create financial accounts and financial analysis is essential
- Ability to work across financial and management accounting with ease is essential
- Confident communicator, with everyone but especially with non-finance staff
- Ability to organise own and others workloads, finding efficiencies, is required
- Excellent attention to detail in all work, not just financial papers.