Harper May are currently working with a well established family owned property development and construction business looking for a Financial Controller based in Watford. They build high end residential properties in prime locations.
Job duties of the Financial Controller:
- Working with the management team to ensure that financially robust and commercially sound decisions are taken
- Preparation of quarterly / monthly Management accounts
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Preparation of job costings and project CVRs to assist with commercial management.
- managing the audit process and produce the audit file
- ensuring the completeness and smooth running of the EQUE2/SAGE system
- managing the finance element of the Office administrator role (mainly purchase ledger input)
- reviewing the trial balance and ensure nominal ledger accounts are reconciled monthly / quarterly.
- processing timesheets and submit Payroll information to external Payroll services provider
- Financial Controller in the past
- Have demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Have experience of working in the Construction industry (must have)
- Understand revenue recognition with regard to cost
- Be professionally qualified, i.e CIMA/ACA/ACCA