Finance Director - Venture Capital
Our client is a visionary Venture Capital Fund providing investments in early and growth stage technology businesses. They have built and developed a successful platform for early stage businesses and are looking for an ambitious Finance Director to drive growth and push the business.
- Oversee the financial operations reporting to group CFO
- Manage the finance team to meet month end reporting requirements
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Assist in accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyses department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions as needed.
- Development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Support Director with special projects and workflow process improvements as required.
- Manage the accounting team.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified or equivalent
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.