About the Role
Harper May is partnering with a dynamic and rapidly growing tech firm committed to innovation, excellence, and driving positive change through cutting-edge technology solutions. As they expand their operations, they are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Group Financial Controller to join their team.
As the Group Financial Controller, you will play a critical role in overseeing the financial operations of the organisation. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of financial reporting, analysis, and control, while providing strategic financial guidance to senior leadership. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high-growth small to medium-sized tech firm, with a strong understanding of Private Equity, Software as a Service (SaaS), and integration with acquisitions.
- Manage all financial aspects of the company's operations, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
- Provide strategic financial guidance to senior management and key stakeholders to support decision-making and drive business growth.
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Lead financial planning and analysis activities, including budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate financial systems and processes following acquisitions.
- Ensure the integrity of financial data and systems through effective controls and regular audits.
- Manage relationships with external auditors, tax advisors, and other financial service providers.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices in finance and accounting.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Fully Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) with extensive experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record of success in a high-growth small to medium-sized tech firm.
- Strong understanding of Private Equity, SaaS, and integration with acquisitions.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Advanced proficiency in financial analysis, modelling, and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and mentor a team.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in financial management software and Microsoft Office suite.