About the Role
Harper May is collaborating with a dynamic and thriving construction company with a robust portfolio of construction projects. They are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Financial Controller to join their team and contribute to their continued success.
As the Financial Controller, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the financial aspects of the construction projects. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in financial management, particularly in the construction industry, and a proven ability to handle multiple commercial projects simultaneously.
- Bring in-depth knowledge and experience in the construction sector, understanding the unique financial challenges and opportunities associated with commercial projects.
- Oversee financial aspects of multiple construction projects, ensuring accurate tracking of costs, revenues, and profitability.
- Lead the preparation of project budgets, quarterly forecasts, and financial projections. Monitor financial performance against budgets to ensure adherence to financial goals.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks associated with construction projects, providing strategic insights to project teams.
- Prepare and present comprehensive financial reports, including monthly and quarterly financial statements, to support informed decision-making at both project and executive levels.
- Effectively manage cash flow, working closely with project managers and stakeholders to ensure optimal financial liquidity.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations, accounting standards, and internal financial policies.
- Manage and mentor a team of finance professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller within the construction industry.
- Strong understanding of financial management in a project-based environment.
- Experience dealing with multiple and commercial projects simultaneously.
- ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Advanced proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Excel.
- Hybrid working - 3 days in the office.