About the Role
Harper May is presently collaborating with a prominent investment management group specialising in the renewable energy sector. Our client is actively in search of a skilled and driven Finance Manager to join their expanding finance team. The ideal candidate should possess full qualifications and experience in the financial services sector.
- Review of monthly management accounts and other finance reports for accuracy and completeness (as prepared by 3rd party service providers).
- Develop familiarisation with local accounting standards and tax requirements.
- Consolidate, analyse and present financial information in order to provide insight and support decision making.
- Proactively manage cashflow in order to optimise net cash generation and facilitate reinvestment. Preparation of the annual budgets for allocated portfolio of assets and entities.
- Manage and ensure compliance with applicable asset level debt reporting and covenant obligations.
- Review statutory accounts & management of audit processes.
- Ensure compliance with all filing and other governance requirements including tax lodgements.
- Evaluate and manage the performance of third-party service providers.
- Partner with investment teams in structuring and executing on acquisitions and other investment activity.
- Proactively communicate with and work alongside colleagues on a range of recurring and special project nature assignments.
- Consistently seek out and execute on process improvement opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Renewable energy background.
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS and strong technical accounting skills including consolidation.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of seniority.
- Understanding of PLC hygiene factors.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Financial services, fund or asset management experience
- Ambitious with a strong desire to progress career within a growth orientated business.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or overseas equivalent)
- University degree (preferable)
- Good analytical skills and confidence with numerical data