About the Role
Harper May collaborates with a dynamic VC-backed science and tech scale-up, poised for unprecedented growth! As the company surges into the next phase, they seek a visionary COO with a robust manufacturing background to join their executive team.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will play a pivotal role in steering the operational success of the company. Reporting directly to the CEO, the COO will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company's manufacturing and other operations. The ideal candidate will bring a strategic mindset, hands-on operational expertise, and a comprehensive understanding of manufacturing principles and practices to drive the company's growth and profitability.
- Develop and implement comprehensive operational strategies to enhance manufacturing efficiency, reduce lead times, and optimise resource utilisation.
- Oversee inventory control processes, ensuring accurate stock levels, minimising excess inventory, and implementing efficient order fulfilment procedures.
- Provide procurement oversight, optimising vendor relationships, negotiating favourable terms, and ensuring a streamlined and cost-effective supply chain.
- Conduct regular reviews of production processes, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing best practices.
- Proactively assess capacity planning and scalability to accommodate increased production demands.
- Ensure operational alignment with financial strategic goals.
- Support the CEO and FD with financial modelling and analysis to support key business decisions, including infrastructure investment opportunities, capital expenditures, and product pricing strategies.
- Implement robust cost accounting practices to accurately track and allocate manufacturing and production costs, facilitating informed decision-making.
- Co-lead the development and execution of the company's long-term strategic plans, including market expansion, product diversification, and technological advancements.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to assess the feasibility and potential impact of new business initiatives and new technical products.
- Establish a risk management framework to identify, assess, and mitigate operational risks.
- Develop contingency plans to address potential disruptions to the supply chain, production processes, or market dynamics.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and implement corrective actions to address deviations from established (or agreed) benchmarks.
- Ensure that the company's manufacturing processes and practices comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Proven track record of successful leadership in manufacturing operations, with at least 5 years of experience in a senior management role.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships at all organisational levels.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and regulations.