Harper May is currently working with a leading investment houses who are currently looking for a Senior Reporting Accountant based in the city.
- Ownership of tasks within daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting required by local regulatory bodies (including UK and where relevant Overseas financial regulators). These tasks will cover both prudential and supervisory reporting, including preparation of Pillar 3 reporting and ILAAP. This individual will also work with the risk team in the preparation of the ICAAP document.
- Preparation of the daily regulatory monitoring reports for capital adequacy and liquidity and monitoring against internal and external guidelines, escalating where appropriate.
- Investigation of issues and exceptions with other members of the Finance function, Technology, Risk and Operations and any other areas of the Bank.
- Analysis of the internal monthly capital, liquidity and other information to ALCO and external monthly, quarterly/semi-annual and annual returns.
- The role holder is mandated to review processes for the Regulatory Reporting deliverables in order to identify & implement improvements to improve control and better utilize systems capabilities.
- Standardising the documentation for the local regulatory reporting and managing the periodic updates and reviews of the changing regulatory requirements and proposing required changes through preparation of appropriate regulatory reporting policies.
- Assisting in the planning, testing and implementation of key systems projects which affect Regulatory Reporting & wider Finance team as required [NB: for new products this will involve understanding the product features and required regulatory data and defining the requirements as part of the New Product Approval (NPA) sign-off].
- Ensuring all financial and non-financial data used for the regulatory returns have been fully reconciled and where appropriate substantiated with other teams (risk and operations).
- Assist the CFO & Head of Finance or Senior Financial Controller in the production of financial reports and general management information data
- Educated to degree level with a major in finance, economics or accountancy
- UK accountancy qualification or part qualification or "qualification by experience"
- Good regulatory knowledge including Corep, Liqrep, and Bank of England returns (preferably with experience of WKFS' "OSX".)
- Good knowledge of legacy IRR reporting (Capital+)
- Experience in a finance department within a commercial/investment bank.