Harper May is currently working with one of the UK's leading publishing house on an exciting new role. As a result of my client's impressive recent growth of 35% over the last financial year, they are currently searching for a Management Accountant to join their team based in West London. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a genuine industry trailblazer as they seek to become the UK's number one publishing house, and is a role in which a candidate's personal ambition should match that of the company.
- Undertaking ad-hoc analytical duties under the direct supervision of the Head of Commercial Finance.
- Leading the budgeting and forecasting process in relation to new projects my client has green-lit to be published from early 2020.
- Providing expert insight in relation to the budget during negotiations with various high-profile authors to secure new contracts.
- Business partnering across the Group with key management figures and stakeholders.
- Leading month-end reporting and presenting results to the Board.
- Evaluating the historic performance of various titles and advising the business on future profitability.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA fully qualified
- Publishing experience would be highly advantageous; alternatively media background would be desirable.
- University degree would be beneficial.
- Ambitious candidate who's aims for the future match my client's.
- Commercially and analytically minded candidate would be well-suited to this role.