Harper May is currently working with one of the UK's largest publishers on an exciting new role. My client is known across the country for the breadth of the works they publish, from legendary novels to best-selling autobiographies, encompassing everything from fictional thrillers to groundbreaking pieces of historical research. As a result of my client's impressive recent growth of 35% over the last financial year, they are currently searching for a Senior Management Accountant to join their team. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a genuine industry trailblazer as they seek to become the UK's number one publishing house, and is a role in which a candidate's personal ambition should match that of the company.
- Undertaking extensive ad-hoc analytical duties under the direct supervision of the Head of Commercial Finance.
- Leading the budgeting and forecasting process in relation to new projects my client has green-lit to be published from early 2018.
- Providing expert insight in relation to the budget during negotiations with various high-profile authors to secure new contracts.
- Business partnering across the Group with key management figures and stakeholders.
- Leading month-end reporting and presenting results to the Board.
- Evaluating the historic performance of various titles and advising the business on future profitability.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Newly ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified would be preferable.
- Publishing experience would be highly advantageous; alternatively media background would be desirable.
- University degree would be beneficial.
- Ambitious candidate who's aims for the future match my client's.
- Commercially and analytically minded candidate would be well-suited to this role.