Harper May is currently working with a leading bank who are currently looking for a Senior Financial Accountant based in the city.
- Assisting with the preparation of the draft financial statements in advance of the year end. Take full responsibility for preparing specific notes or section. To include checking alignment to disclosure requirements, agreeing with internal stake holders and external auditors. Knowledge needs to be sufficient to propose appropriate solutions.
- Supporting the preparation for year-end including supporting the completion of a detailed audit evidence manual - will require liaising with internal departments.
- Helping to coordinate and provide detailed audit evidence to the auditors in advance of, and during the year end period. Take responsibility for delivering evidence and documentation through the year end under guidance of the Head of Financial and Management accounting and other team members.
- Supporting the preparation of internal documents to support accounting policy (for example Functional currency, going concern assessment).
- Support the preparation of papers for Audit and Finance committees related to the Audit and Financial Statements. This requires being able to explain complex aspects in a clear, concise way which is meaningful for senior management.
- Full experience in completing work of this nature in a large Banking organisation is required along with up-to-date disclosure knowledge.
- Fully ACCA or ACA Qualified; with tangible experience from within Banking.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and IT skills and able to explain complex issues to accounting and non-accounting staff.