Harper May is working exclusively with one of the UK's leading travel companies who have a turnover in excess of £50 million a year. Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Finance Manager who has experience with finance business partnering. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to work within a growing finance team and feels like they have hit the limit in their current role. The company is a well established one and is a relaxed environment to work in. The candidate MUST be qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA to be considered for this role.
- To be the outward communicator with the finance stakeholders at VB/VE and the senior financial team on projects designated by the Head of Financial Planning and Policy
- To ensure financial business information outputs meet business requirements by the budgets and phasing and to complete management accounting targets to be met. To ensure all information and reporting activity is completely in an accurate, timely and compliant way that meets satisfies all internal and external reporting requirements
- To provide Business Partnering support as designated by the Head of Financial Planning and Policy. This will include:
- Providing regular and ad hoc reports with analysis for performance review and decision making.
- To provide advice, support and challenge to decision making.
- To manage the budgeting and forecasting for internal clients including supporting on
annual budgeting and business planning activities.
- UK salary budget:
- Prepare the UK Salary Budget for the organization, including NI and Pension costs.
- Apportion payroll to divisions and funding streams based on agreed individual allocations
- Monitor and reconcile on a monthly basis actual UK payroll to budget and advise divisional
business partners of any variances, including tracking vacant positions and changes in personnel
- To contribute to the development of a strong and responsive finance department. Including: Delivering improvement projects as agreed with manager
- Contribute to the analysis of finance processes and systems to identify improvement opportunities.
- To manage feedback from users and identify improvements to the systems and take the lead on small system development with the finance division Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value
- Provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals
- Provide general support as necessary including:
- Consolidation of Annual Budget
- Creation of Business specific financial reports
- Ad-hoc support during busy period
- Educated to a degree level
- Qualified Accountant with extensive on the job experience
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills
- In depth knowledge of preparation of statutory accounts in the UK for an international operating organization. With experience of UK GAAP and IFRS issues.
- Knowledge of CODA
- Experience in an international organization and multi-currency operations
- Understanding of both public and private bodies.