Harper May is working exclusively with the UK's leading group of luxury care homes and retirement developments. With year on year growth our client is looking to double their portfolio over the next year and needs an experienced project accountant with extensive VAT experience to join their experienced team. The successful candidate will be an individual who is happy to work autonomously in this role, has good communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Manage multiple construction development projects
- Prepare and maintain development cost tracker for each Project
- Prepare bank reconciliations for Projects and manage supplier payments
- Preparation of VAT registration documents and VAT returns
- Ensure invoices are coded against the correct projects and input Vat reclaimed
- Prepare regular reports for each project, reconciling spend against budget
- Set up new bank accounts and arrange drawdown requests for bank funded Projects.
- Liaise with the Development Team and Project Managers
- Assistance with Audit work.
- Any other work as might be required within the Finance Department
- be a qualified accountant or be part-qualified with experience
- have the ability to manage workload, complete tasks within deadlines with good attention to detail
- leadership skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
- good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts would be useful but is not essential.
- Extensive VAT experience