My client looking for a Procurement Coordinator to add to our Operations team. In this position responsible for coordinating the procurement and buying efforts of the company for the materials to produce our products, packaging, and all the added extras that we surprise and delight our customers with. You'll play an important role in supplier management; building relationships with suppliers will be key and dealing with issue resolution of any challenges that arise. As my is a growing business and this is an evolving team, this will be a dynamic role which will also flex into the planning of production, giving the unique opportunity to have a full view of our total supply chain. You'll be helping the team to deliver our fulfillment targets by ensuring a consistent flow of necessary materials from source to delivery to customer.
You are dynamic, entrepreneurial and a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work in a rapidly scaling start up! We're looking for someone to come in and hit the ground running, bringing fresh ideas and enthusiasm to the current operations team and supply chain.
A bit about the position.
This role will report into the Head of Supply Chain but will work closely with everyone in the operations team. The role is primarily office based but you will be coordinating and attending supplier meetings and visits to our all of our facilities.
- In Charge of the supply base of materials for my client building strong relationships
- confidently negotiate prices
- Provide collaborative support to help successful New Product launches; forecasting; delisting and sourcing of products.
- Capacity tracking and monitoring of availability for all materials
- Identify and execute contingency supply plans for materials
- Collaborative working with supply base to review contracts, SLAs and ways of working
- Working with the finance team and Head of Supply Chain to review pricing and budgeting for sourcing of materials
- working closely with the operations team to deliver quality products to our customers through great sourcing and production planning
A bit about you:
- ideally some experience within operations & procurement
- Strong numerical skills
- Passionate and confident in relationship building with external suppliers
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of the business
- Loves problem solving & understands what the business needs - seeking out answers and proactively taking the necessary steps to achieve results
- Will ensure integrity of supply chain and commercial data
- Strong negotiator
- Pro-active and able to work autonomously
- Willing to embrace change and appreciate the dynamics of a fast-moving company and importance of working cross functionally
- Creative and brings an open-minded approach, always looking to improve
- Passion for start-ups, e-commerce and dogs!
- Hunger to learn and continuously improve within the role/company
- Organised and have a keen attention to detail
What we can offer.
- Competitive salary & new MacBook Pro.
- 24 days holiday per year (pro-rated)
- Co-working office space with meditation yurt & podcasting booth.
- Weekly 'lunch & learns'.
- Friday beers, monthly socials and quarterly offsite events.