Harper May are currently working with a rapidly expanding Tech business who have raised over £100m in funding. In just 5 years they have expanded to 8 locations and 400+ employees. They are now looking a Financial Accountant on a permanent basis to support the organisation through its next phase of growth.
You will also be working closely with the Global Financial Controller, CFO, the Management Team and be a key contact for the Company's auditors and tax advisors.Key Responsibilities:
- Proactive role in month end processes - reconciling fixed assets, payroll journals, accruals, prepayments, and reporting;
- Assistance with Project Accounting for multiple companies (including UK & Belgium) - revenue recognition, billing for time and materials and fixed price contracts, and project reporting (utilisation, blended rates and project profitability);
- Oversight of General ledger - ensuring all transactions are accurately coded through Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Variance Analysis reviews.
- Assistance with departmental and other ad-hoc reporting on a weekly/monthly basis;
- Assistance with credit control process;
- Submitting quarterly VAT returns (or local entity equivalent), EC Sales Lists, Intrastat and other additional compliance filings that arise;
- Preparing and filing P11Ds and PSA (or local entity equivalent);
- Performing quarterly audit readiness reviews to streamline the annual audit process;
- Providing information to external auditors and tax advisors where necessary;
- Documenting policies and procedures;
- Other ad hoc responsibilities as they occur.
You should have the following:
- Degree in Accounting & Finance or similar;
- Qualified accountant - CIMA, ACCA or ACA;
- Strong solid experience in relevant accounting role
- Experience in a fast paced, high growth company
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task;
- Ability to work in a team and individually;