A global high-end residential developer is looking for a management accountant to join. The business is renowned for some of the most iconic residential properties in the UK and have won numerous awards. The role is based close to mayfair and is a short walk from Green Park station.
- Management accounting - working as part of the core team which produces monthly management accounts.
- Business forecasting - managing profit and cash flow forecasts, ensuring they are accurately kept up-to-date, to inform business planning.
- Commercial Finance - aiding Commercial Finance Managers on an ad hoc basis, working closely with them to ensure that the general ledger and profit/cash forecasts reflect the latest site position.
- Plot Completions - liaising with solicitors on completions, calculating and reviewing completion statements, signing off on legal fee invoices and sales commissions.
- Weekly reporting - provide reports and analysis used to inform the management team.
- Board Reporting - reviewing departmental performance and preparing a report for the Board of Directors on a monthly basis.
- Sales reporting - ensuring that sales revenue is appropriately recorded.
- Group / Divisional reporting - providing regular updates to the Divisional Finance and Group Finance teams.
- Tax - Preparation/Review of VAT and CIS returns.
- Accounts payable management - working alongside the Accounts Payable team in order to ensure efficient ledger management.
- Newly ACA or ACCA qualified
- Strong academics - a 2.1 degree or better.
- A genuine interest in the housebuilding industry.
- Numerical ability with strong Microsoft Excel skills for use in performing analysis.
- The ability to gather accurate data, solve problems as they arise, and perform robust analysis which will be distributed and relied upon.
- A discipline for self-review to ensure accuracy of all work carried out.
- Good task and time management - accurately estimating time to complete tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A keen commercial attitude; a desire to understand the business and interpret financial data.