One of the UK's newest entries into the restaurant market is looking for an Management Accountant to join their quickly expanding brand. With constant year on year growth, our client is working exclusively with Harper May to find a dynamic individual who is looking for progression in their next role. The successful candidate will have previous restaurant / FMCG experience. Multi-site experience would be ideal as our client is constantly adding more and more sites to it portfolio and with a turnover of £20 million the individual needs to be dynamic and pragmatic.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts includes:
- Reconciliation and checking of underlying data
- Ensuring regular month end procedures are executed
- Reconciliation of monthly management accounts to weekly sales and cost reports
- Reviewing P&L against expectations
- Balance sheet reconciliations including detailed accruals and prepayments and the review of such reconciliations by other finance team members
- Providing commentary on variance from expectations and other key matters
- Generating monthly management account packs and issuing to the Board, senior management and individual restaurant locations.
- Assisting the Board, senior management and restaurant managers with management account queries.
- Preparation of Key Performance Indicators packs across the group along with quarterly/half yearly bonus calculations.
- Year end closure and preparation of information for auditors and dealing with their queries.
- Preparation of information for annual corporation tax packs and capital allowances packs.
- Quarterly VAT reconciliations, filing and payment.
- Production of annual budgets and liaison with key stakeholders in ensuring timely delivery.
- Providing turnover information to landlords as stipulated in leases.
- Calculating, invoicing and collecting fees due from franchisees.
- Fielding ad hoc finance queries and ad hoc administrative work.
- At least 2 years UK GAAP or IFRS management accounting experience in retail, hospitality or leisure. Multisite/high growth experience would be ideal.
- Exam qualified or part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English. Ability to communicate well with non-financial individuals on finance matters.
- Team player to join growing finance team.
- Confident. Meticulous. Precise. Self starter. Professional. Logical. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge and experience with Excel Pivot tables, Excel Marcros and Sage Line 200 would be an advantage.