Harper May is currently working with an exciting technology lead energy start up, based in Central London. This young, dynamic company are looking to break the monopoly of the Big Five energy companies in the UK. The company have experienced rapid growth, experiencing a tenfold increase in their turnover in, bucking the general trend of decline in the energy sector. The company deal solely with renewable energy, and have been awarded globally recognisable awards for environmentalism, the only UK energy supplier to obtain them. As the company continues its rapid growth, they are looking for Management Accountant in their head office.
The duties of the role include:
- Setting up a new in-house finance function, including new processes & controls.
- Oversee the implementation of a new finance IT system.
- Managing the month end process, handling revenue entries, repayments etc.
- Producing annual, monthly and adhoc financial reports.
- Handling tax, including VAT returns.
- Supervising bookkeeper/AP analyst.
Applying candidates must have:
- Full ACA/ACCA/CIMA or similar qualifications.
- Experience in fast-growth businesses or SME.
- Experience of a finance transformation project, such as implentation of a new system or move away from outsourcing.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- Experience working to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional computing skills with an understating of various accounting systems.