Harper May is currently seeking an experienced Internal Controls Manager to join a FTSE 250, global retailer based in North West London. Our client is an established retail giant with almost 250 sites across the UK. The client experienced 70% growth last year across the UK, Europe and US, and is on track to do the same this year. The role requires you to liaise with key stakeholders across the business, including the MD and CEO, and regularly present to the internal audit committee. The successful candidate will be qualified, with extensive knowledge working in an internal control/audit role.
- Co-ordination of the design and development of annual review plans which are appropriate to the risk maturity of the business and responsive to risk management initiatives implemented at a Group level.
- Ensuring an appropriate review methodology which meets standards and best practice (appropriate to the business) is designed, documented, implemented and complied with.
- Development of an IT audit capability and IT specific audit plans
- Production of management and review reports to Executive Committee, Audit Committee and Group Risk Committee.
- Management of the risk management facilitation process and Group reporting
- Co-ordination with the Group development of risk management process. Advising on the implementation of any new risk management requirements from Group
- Manage the business through remediation process to ensure a balanced solution between compliance and efficiency / effectiveness
- Liaison point between Majestic and external auditors, driving approach efficiencies and appropriate challenge to audit conclusions.
- Ensure all appropriate codes of conduct and company policies are observed across areas of responsibility
- Ensure Group compliance with the Code of Conduct, Bribery Act, and other company policies.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Educated to degree level
- Retail/FMCG experience strongly desired
- Experience working in a internal audit/ internal controls role
- Proven managerial experience