Harper May is currently working with a high growth Media Agency based in the heart of London. My client is currently seeking an Interim Head of Commercial Finance to lead their team. This trail-blazing organisation has won substantial praise for their innovative campaigns and refreshing outlook. Last year, the company received a substantial private equity investment and is set for exponential growth over the next couple of years. The successful candidate will be highly strategic and immediately available.
- Build strong relationships with senior executives
- Develop a robust, iterative financial planning and forecasting model.
- Lead, manage, and deliver the monthly/rolling forecast, annual budget, and 5 strategic planning process, including developing and updating the financial planning model, identification of KPIs and key business drivers, risks and upsides.
- Continually improve the entire financial planning process and financial model in terms of accuracy and efficiency as well as relevancy of insights to senior management team.
- Prepare strategic and financial well-written, documented, and concise power-point presentations for senior management, board, investors, and prospective investors, including presentations on business performance, KPIs, strategic investments, recommendations, etc.
- Support key business decision-making and strategic initiatives through ad hoc analyses and the building meaningful financial models.
- Develop and manage detailed financial analyses and deal approval presentations for new business launches, acquisitions or divestitures. Closely cooperate with executives during negotiations.
- Perform financial due diligence into potential acquisition targets, including detailed review of financial statements and risk analysis
- Work with internal personnel and external legal and financial advisors in structuring transactions such as corporate investments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and financing in the film and digital media industry.
- Cross-Train with the Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Business School trained/MBA strongly preferred (B.A./B.S. required).
- Typically 5+ years business experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate/business development, or strong, analytical FP&A.
- Media and entertainment industry (preferred film, television and/or digital media) and a strong understanding of digital media business models
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Strong financial modelling skills, with demonstrated ability to create iterative planning and investment/assessment financial models that can adapt and flex to key meaningful what/if questions that are asked.