Harper May is currently working with one of the largest hotel groups in the UK and worldwide, operating in 100+ venues across the country. They are international pioneers in the world of hospitality and are growing their market share year on year, resulting in them requiring an Interim Financial Controller to join the company who can help to facilitate and continue this growth. The multi-site nature of the business will mean that that the successful candidate will be extremely well organised and be able to work in a dynamic environment. ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification is a necessity and industry experience would put you at a distinct advantage.
· Management Accounts production including full balance sheet disclosure and KPIs.
· Assist with audits, budgeting and forecasts
· Year-end audit folders including drafting of statutory accounts and liaison with Auditors.
· Cash flow management including weekly payment runs and bank reconciliations.
· Payroll processing, reconciliation and liaison with external Bureau.
· Reconcile all presales and verify that monies have been collected and recorded in the appropriate manner.
· Responsible for compliance with all current VAT legislation from a day-to-day paperwork perspective and submitting the VAT returns in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Due diligence and financial modelling ref acquisitions and disposals
· Ad-hoc analysis as and when the business dictates.
· Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Good planning and organisational skills
· Professional approach to work ethics
· Previous experience within Leisure / Hospitality / Hotel sector is a distinct advantage.