We are currently recruiting for an Interim Accounts Payable Assistant to join a busy, friendly team in a expanding luxury retailer based in central London. Our Client currently trades from 75 stores including 20 stores in Europe and 30 in US and Canada. They have a thriving e-commerce site and trade through a number of online marketplaces (e.g. Amazon, Ebay) in the UK and internationally.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will work with the finance team to ensure suppliers are paid accurately and on time, delivering accounts payable and resolving issues.
- Process multi-currency purchase invoices including checking all cost centre and GL account coding to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Ensure all invoices/expenses have been appropriately authorized
- Prepare, process and record payment runs in the accounting system, ensuring that payment priorities are discussed with the internal business team
- Matching and allocating direct debits to suppliers
- Preparation of aged creditors reports
- Supplier statement reconciliations, resolving any supplier queries
- Liaising with internal and external contacts to resolve invoice queries in a timely manner
- Scanning and filing of Supplier invoices/credit notes
- Supporting co-workers within the team and working together to achieve business targets
- Distribute incoming documents within the business
- Raise invoices to external companies as required
- Relevant experience working in a high volume accounts payable role and a recent graduate or equivalent looking for a career in finance.
- Previous SUN experience would be an advantage
- Understanding of double entry book keeping
- Open, friendly person who is proactive, keen to develop and work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills (particularly Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail, performing all work with high levels of accuracy