Harper May are currently working with one of the largest Real Estate businesses globally in their field. They are looking for an experienced Group Financial Controller who has been in a similar role with a PLC. The company has grown rapidly in the preceding 5 years and continues to do so offering staff great opportunities to progress within the business.
- Oversee the financial operations of the UK and European business
- Manage the finance team to meet month end reporting requirements
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Assist in accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyses department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions as needed.
- Responds to inquiries from the Chief Financial Officer and Director regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Director to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Support Director with special projects and workflow process improvements as required.
- Manage the accounting team.
- ACA Qualified or equivalent from a Big 4 firm
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.