Harper May is currently working with an award winning publishing company based in Victoria. The company have grown by 70% for the last 3 years and can boast a list of impressive clients. This company are currently seeking a Head of Finance to lead their team. Reporting directly into the MD, this role will sit on the leadership team and will have a hand in all commercial decisions. The successful candidate will be fully qualified with prior publishing experience.
- Responsible for managing the finance department and leading a team of four people, which includes two qualified and one part qualified accountant. Line management responsibility includes holiday planning, appraisals and personal development and training.
- Working with the MD to develop the firm's annual budget in line with the business plan including liaising with business leaders and reviewing assumptions. Close control of the expenditure to ensure it is in line with sales plans; enforcing changes where necessary.
- Preparing commentary on financial performance against budget - to include reviews of income, profit and expense activity with budget holders and future forecasts.
- Reviewing the cash flow of the company and monitoring performance against budget on a monthly basis.
- Preparing the budget and periodic reforecast; reviewing work and collating the results. Understanding and taking action against variances.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must be fully qualified - ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Highly motivated and pro-active self starter
- Prior publishing experience is required
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills