Harper May is working with a UK leading Media Company. This company has a global reach and is considered to be a major player within the industry, producing award winning content which is consumed both nationwide but also internationally where the company is held in high regard for their consistency in deliverance. The company holds a significant share of the market, and hold a fiercely loyal cliental who consume their products on a daily basis. The company are looking to make further strides forward in their efforts to increase their already dominant position in the market, and are looking for a new Group Reporting Manager to join their team to help drive their brand forwards in achieving their financial goals.
- Manage the production of consolidated statutory accounts and annual report for the group and its subsidiaries and managed joint ventures, including liaison with key internal stakeholders and external auditors.
- As a senior leader, also share responsibility for the skills, output, motivation and development of the wider finance team.
- Assist in preparation of papers for Audit Committee.
- Review month end trial balances and oversee balance sheet reconciliations to ensure integrity of the underlying records.
- Ensure KPI information is produced in a timely and accurate manner to the Investment Strategy department ensuring that all reports agree to the underlying financial data.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks and projects as may be required in assisting the Group Financial Controller from time to time.
Desired Skills And Experience:
- Is ACA or ACCA qualified with strong prior knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of preparing group accounts for external publication is essential
- Excellent, up to date technical accounting knowledge
- Experience in the Media sector would be a plus