Harper May are currently working with a global Media business who have been rapidly expanding across the UK and Europe. The business is now in need of a Group Financial Controller who can oversee these operations and manage a team. It is an exciting time to join the company as there will surely be opportunities to develop with the company as they grow.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items) and royalty management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Own the "As-Is" Global end-to-end Process Flows for the Finance R2R Tower
- Work closely with the established BPS R2R team in India to ensure service delivery standards are met
- Be accountable for the implementation, review and documentation of world class R2R business processes, including but not limited to: (i) Month end close process (ii) balance sheet reconciliation (iii) Intercompany accounting (iv) accounting controls, policies and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement of R2R process, technology and org structure
- Establish regular communications cadence with senior management on process progress and performance issues
- Ensure appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are set and measured to determine the on-going BPS service delivery, as well as the impact of process changes.
- Ensure all activities in R2R scope are carried out timely, completely and accurately
- Ensure there is proper coordination within Retained Finance and BPS on flow of information, collaboration and handovers
- Support the full change lifecycle for R2R deliverables
- Review and maintain global process documents related to R2R
- Train other employees where appropriate
- Identify any new processes and policies and build a change "roadmap" that will drive process efficiency and effectiveness
- Other ad hoc strategic and tactical requests
- ACA Qualified or equivalent from a Big 4 firm
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.