Harper May is working with a unique and fast-growing restaurant business, based in central London. Our client is looking for a talented and ambitious Group Financial Controller to join their dynamic finance team. As Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the day to day financial management of our client's multinational restaurant group and the provision of financial service and analytical support to help them achieve their key objectives in medium and long-term plans. You will have support from your team of 5.
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of the hospitality industry, great initiative and excellent analytical skills.
- Prepare month end financial reporting for the international Group in accordance with Group reporting deadlines and procedures including variance analysis;
- Oversee the month end financial reporting from foreign group companies including regular contact with overseas finance teams;
- Monthly balance sheet control and reconciliations and ongoing reviews of all internal accounting controls;
- Preparation of statutory accounts for all UK companies and preparation of worldwide consolidated statutory accounts;
- Year-end audit management and liaison with external auditors as necessary;
- Preparation of quarterly accounts for consolidated Group including P&L, BS and Cash flow;
- Preparation of data submissions for UK Value Added and Corporation tax computations and liaison with HMRC on regulatory matters as necessary;
- Preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and 5-year strategy plan with all sites and at worldwide Group level;
- Preparation of Group board papers and Powerpoint presentations for Operations;
- Support the CFO in Group Finance related matters and financial performance analysis;
- Produce and update cash forecasts direct and indirect for the worldwide Group on a monthly basis;
- Drive process improvement initiatives relating to reporting;
- Management and leadership of the Finance team and action departmental issues as appropriate.
Your Previous Experience & Ability
- Practical accountancy skills essential gained through working in the hospitality industry
- Experience in implementing reports, controls and processes is essential
- Fully Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Understanding of quality standards and systems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, must be proficient in use of pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs etc
- Experience in using FnB and EPOS system is essential
- Experience in using SAP
- Good communication skills are essential