Harper May is working with one of the UK's leading Wine specialists who currently seek an experienced and driven FP&A Manager. The company specialises in wines from a number of exclusive areas around the globe. With supplier relationships lasting over 30+ years, the company prides itself on an exemplary reputation of consistent achievement and has been recognised by numerous awards in their field.
The FP&A Manager compiles and analyses financial information for the organisation. This position will partner with management to develop and execute forecasts, budgets, and long term strategic plans. In addition, this position will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including financial presentations, financial modelling & driving process improvement.
What You'll Do
- Lead the coordination, consolidation and financial analysis of quarterly financial forecasts and annual plan.
- Spearhead the annual budget process by compiling and presenting financial models, leading the budget submission process, presenting financial results and highlighting risk & opportunity,
- Lead the monthly financial close management reporting, forecasting and analysis; including variance analysis for general FP&A KPIs and Operations-specific metrics.
- Develop metrics, reporting tools, and models to analyse the financial performance of the business and support strategic initiatives.
- Drive appropriate level of consistency and standardisation as it relates to financial reporting, metrics, and information.
- Identify key business drivers and track performance against these measures. Highlight trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances.
- Manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modelling tools; Champion efforts to improve financial processes and quality of information.
- Assist in valuation and acquisition analysis and due diligence activities.
What You'll Bring
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build effective relationships and influence others.
- Results driven with strong bias for action.
- Excellent analytic and financial modelling skills.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- High standards of accuracy and precision; highly organised.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior public accounting experience preferred,
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills (Excel and PowerPoint in particular.)
- Experience in the financial aspects of acquisitions and divestitures, including due diligence and post-merger integration preferred.
- Experience in a growth-oriented business, especially forecasting based on trends analysis.
- Four or more years' experience in Financial Analysis; public company experience preferred.
- Previous experience at a manager or director level.
- Proficiency in accounting software applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred