Harper May is currently working exclusively with one of the UK's leading jewelry brands who pride themselves on eloquence and beauty. Our client is a luxury retailer with an extensive heritage and therefore a well established finance team. They are looking for a qualified candidate who is fresh out of practice to join their team. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is newly qualified and wanting a lot of exposure within an experienced team. With a market leading salary package and year on year growth this a stable and commercial company to work for.
What You'll Do
- Lead the coordination, consolidation and financial analysis of quarterly financial forecasts and annual plan.
- Spearhead the annual budget process by compiling and presenting financial models, leading the budget submission process, presenting financial results and highlighting risk & opportunity,
- Lead the monthly financial close management reporting, forecasting and analysis; including variance analysis for general FP&A KPIs and Operations-specific metrics.
- Develop metrics, reporting tools, and models to analyze the financial performance of the business and support strategic initiatives.
- Drive appropriate level of consistency and standardization as it relates to financial reporting, metrics, and information.
- Identify key business drivers and track performance against these measures. Highlight trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools; Champion efforts to improve financial processes and quality of information.
- Assist in valuation and acquisition analysis and due diligence activities.
What You'll Bring
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build effective relationships and influence others.
- Results driven with strong bias for action.
- Excellent analytic and financial modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- High standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Microsoft NAV ERP experience preferred.
- Prior public accounting experience preferred,
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills (Excel and Powerpoint in particular.)
- Experience in the financial aspects of acquisitions and divestitures, including due diligence and post-merger integration preferred.
- Experience in a growth-oriented business, especially forecasting based on trends analysis.
- Eight or more years'experience in Financial Analysis; public company experience preferred.
- Previous experience at a manager or director level.
- Proficiency in accounting software applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.