Harper May is currently working with an exciting start up health snack business. Having seen YoY growth over the past 3 years and following a very successful first funding round the company now seeks an FP&A Analyst to add value to the accounts team. Reporting directly into the FD, this is an ideal position for a finalist/newly qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant who likes the sound of a sociable and rapidly growing business.
Strategy, Planning and Estimate process
- Contributes to elements of the strategic direction of brand: evaluates financial impact of strategic choices and suggests alternatives.
- Responsible for defining the annual budget and ongoing financial estimates in conjunction with Brand General Managers and the Finance Manager
- Responsible for working with brand management teams to accurately estimate sales
- Responsible for controlling OPEX and ensuring effective resource allocation
- Responsible for providing commercial support to brand teams
Finance & Accounting
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and principles (industry and company) required, although actual accounting undertaken by a separate team.
- Responsible for upholding accounting principles and ensuring proper processes are adhered to within the brand teams.
Commercial & Financial Reporting
- Responsible for development and delivery of financial and commercial reporting for senior management.
- Proactively challenge the status quo and use commercial analysis to drive business change
- Responsible for leveraging company financial systems to facilitate insightful and efficient reporting
- Responsible for providing monthly commentary on the business results & the financial estimate.
- Analytical support for the Finance Manager
- Finalist/newly qualified ACC/CIMA/ACA
- Agile in approach and positive attitude towards continuous improvement
- Comfortable in a large corporate company with a high touch service led culture
- Excellent stakeholder management ability across all levels
- Strength in the communication of financial reporting across these levels