Harper May is seeking a Forensic Accountant to join a major Professional services business in the City of London. The successful Candidate will be joining our client's disputes and investigations department. You will be commercially focused and experienced working in a fast paced environment.
As a forensic accountant, you'll utilise your accountancy skills to investigate financial disputes and inaccuracies such as fraudulent and illegal activity, financial misrepresentation or misconduct and disputes.
The role involves an integration of accounting, auditing and investigative skills. You will carry out meticulous investigations to uncover information, identify specific irregularities in financial documents and reports, quantify the exact losses and trace and recover illegitimate funds. You'll provide reports of your findings, offering reconstructions and insights into how activities were carried out.
- Extracting data from financial records
- creating and adjusting spreadsheets
- perform forensic diligence to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- conducting forensic analysis of financial data
- Preparation of forensic accounting reports from financial findings
- undertaking interviews to uncover and verify information
- preparation of analytical data for court
- Good Knowledge of the wider economic and legal implications of a case
- Travelling abroad to conduct investigations.
- Reviewing of financial documents to identify inaccuracies
- Provide support on litigation cases and present findings to be used as evidence in trial
Key Skills and Experience:
- The Ideal Candidate must be ACA Qualified or equivalent level
- Big Four Experience
- Commercial Focused
- Degree from Top ten University
- Bilingual (either French, German or Spanish)
My client are offering an extremely attractive salary and package on this role, you will be paid an annual bonus as well as a bonus per project, as well as receiving private healthcare, pension etc.
Only top Ten University and Bilingual applicants will be considered for this position