One of the leading creators and innovators of pop culture products is looking for an experienced Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join their experienced finance team. With a turnover in excess of £100 million our client is looking for a candidate from a commercial background who is based locally. This position will partner with management to develop and execute forecasts, budgets, and long term strategic plans. In addition, this position will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including financial presentations, financial modeling & driving process improvement.
- Lead the coordination, consolidation and financial analysis of quarterly financial forecasts and annual plan.
- Spearhead the annual budget process by compiling and presenting financial models, leading the budget submission process, presenting financial results and highlighting risk & opportunity,
- Lead the monthly financial close management reporting, forecasting and analysis; including variance analysis for general FP&A KPIs and Operations-specific metrics.
- Develop metrics, reporting tools, and models to analyze the financial performance of the business and support strategic initiatives.
- Drive appropriate level of consistency and standardization as it relates to financial reporting, metrics, and information.
- Identify key business drivers and track performance against these measures. Highlight trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools; Champion efforts to improve financial processes and quality of information.
- Assist in valuation and acquisition analysis and due diligence activities.
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build effective relationships and influence others.
- Results driven with strong bias for action.
- Excellent analytic and financial modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- High standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Microsoft NAV ERP experience preferred.
- Prior public accounting experience preferred,
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills (Excel and Powerpoint in particular.)
- Experience in the financial aspects of acquisitions and divestitures, including due diligence and post-merger integration preferred.
- Experience in a growth-oriented business, especially forecasting based on trends analysis.
- Eight or more years'experience in Financial Analysis; public company experience preferred.
- Previous experience at a manager or director level.
- Proficiency in accounting software applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.