Harper May is currently working with a huge fashion retailer with a ubiquitous presence on the high streets of England and abroad, who are looking for a Financial Controller to join their office based in one of the trendiest areas of the capital. In the space of 10 years my client has grown from a luxury men's retailer sold exclusively to high-end concession stores to a global juggernaut in the fashion industry, whilst maintaining their bespoke reputation. Their progression into a retailer for both sexes has been coupled with movements being made into the music industry, having worked with artists such as Kings of Leon and holding live sessions with some of the biggest artists in the world.
This is a fantastic chance to join an established brand present in over 30 countires with close to 300 stores, but also one which is not resting on their laurels, instead looking to increase their global presence by expanding further into the international market, particularly the highly lucrative Asian fashion world. My client is willing to offer a generous benefits package to a new employee, with a lucrative bonus offered as well as discounts across all products.
- Preparation of full monthly Management Accounts
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Working with the sales and marketing teams on new strategic initiatives
- Assisting with the audit process
- Producing statutory accounts
- Dealing with tax and VAT returns
- Overseeing a small team of junior accountants
- Qualified accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Previous experience in retail or FMCG ideal
- 5+ years experience in finance
- Hard working and diligent approach
- Fantastic excel skills
- Strong communications skills