Harper May is currently working with well known events business in London. They are currently looking for an ambitious, driven, and enthusiastic Financial Controller with a flair for numbers and attention to detail to join our team at our headquarters in London. As a Financial Controller, you will work with the accounting of our companies in the UK, Croatia, and Sweden, and be responsible for ensuring the finance team is delivering their day-to-day tasks as well as managing and improving the group's financial performance and directing our accounting operations.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience within a small team. From the start, you will work closely with the Finance Director as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly, and annual closing procedures. You will have opportunities to work on individual and team projects such as process improvement.
- Leading the team in the preparation of the month-end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Running monthly business reviews with other divisions ensuring accountability of strategy and budgets.
- Revenue reconciliation.
- Consolidation of Group entities.
- Maintain and track cash flow.
- Analysing Financial data including analysis of commercial KPIs.
- Compliance reporting.
- Management of the annual audit of the Group
- Participating in the budgeting process.
- Assist with year-end procedures and communication with auditors.
- Support implementation of systems for increased control and efficiency.
- Management of finance team members.
- Management of Event Finance team and weekly seasonal reporting.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Organised and excellent attention to detail.
- Passion for working in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Qualified accountant or relevant industry experience.
- Preferably 1 -2 years PQE.
- Responsible and committed to meeting team goals and deadlines.
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English
- Driven, independent, open-minded, and flexible.
- International travel will be required.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits to work in the UK