Harper May are currently working with a UK based festivals promoter with a diverse portfolio of both established and new to market event brands who are looking for a Commercial Financial Controller.
As the Financial Controller you will report directly into the CFO. You will be responsible for all aspects of financial and management accounting and reporting including month end close, audit, statutory reporting, and FP&A for all subsidiaries.
- Lead UK finance function and support CFO to ensure alignment and relevance to the company's financial and strategic objectives
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasting process
- Manage month end close process including consolidated management reporting, variance analysis, cashflow, business KPIs and commentary to senior management
- Optimise cash flow for group and individual subsidiaries
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Oversee ticket sales reporting process for each festival to ensure accurate and timely reporting to maximise revenue
- Business partner with departments to support key decision making and revenue/cost tracking
- Responsible for IFRS monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to corporate finance
- Lead on the Group's tax matters including VAT, FEU, Corporation Tax
- Establish and develop relations with festival shareholders, internal and external stakeholders
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
- Manage the annual year end audit and prepare statutory accounts for all legal entities
- Implement and maintain strong internal controls to ensure robust financial management
- Supervise and manage financial department staff and processes, including AP/AR/finance team
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation and ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with minimum 3+ years of post-qualified experience in a business partnering role and the production of management and statutory accounts
- Proficient with IFRS & FRS 102 reporting standards
- Previous experience of dealing with senior business management/external stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to work, able to pre-empt problems before they occur