Harper May are currently working with a growing womens retail business who are looking for a Financial Controller. The business has an extremely strong balance sheet and are looking to capitalise on opportunities in the market. There is an excellent culture and proven background in promoting internally to provide progression within the group brands.
- Prepare consolidated P&L, BS and Cash-flow statement in timely manner, post consolidation journals
- Gross margin calculation, stock reconciliation, transport costs analysis, P&L and BS rec, including posting of month end journals
- Detailed review of P&L and BS for UK and International companies on monthly basis.
- Propose final journals for the UK P&L and Balance Sheet, explaining significant costs, variance to budget / re-forecast.
- Weekly meetings with direct reports.
- Weekly / Monthly reporting to the Finance Director in relation to current progress of Finance projects and BS reconciliations.
- Monthly review of Debtors, Creditors and Control accounts.
- Preparing statutory accounts for main UK Company and holding companies.
- Coordinate preparation of other brand specific statutory accounts
- Review statutory accounts prepared by Management Accountants
- Audit: preparation and coordination of UK deliverables, TB's, Balance Sheet Rec's,
- Audit: Coordinate direct reports
- Taxation: completion of detailed tax packs including back up reports for UK and International tax packs.
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Excellent level of commercial awareness
- Must have multisite, retail and/or margin/stock experience
- Highly motivated and 'can do' attitude
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being integral part of the team
- Attention to detail and consistent approach with focus on delivering results
- Able to build strong and professional relationships at all levels