Harper May are currently working with a luxury bespoke furniture manufacturer based in the west end who are looking for a Financial Controller . The company has an extremely strong customer following and have grown their reputation in the industry over the last 5 years.
- Prepare consolidated P&L, BS and Cash-flow statement in timely manner, post consolidation journals
- Gross margin calculation, stock reconciliation, transport costs analysis, P&L and BS rec, including posting of month end journals
- Detailed review of P&L and BS for UK and International companies on monthly basis.
- Propose final journals for the UK P&L and Balance Sheet, explaining significant costs, variance to budget / re-forecast.
- Weekly meetings with direct reports.
- Weekly / Monthly reporting to the Finance Director in relation to current progress of Finance projects and BS reconciliations.
- Monthly review of Debtors, Creditors and Control accounts.
- Preparing statutory accounts for main UK Company and holding companies.
- Coordinate preparation of other brand specific statutory accounts
- Review statutory accounts prepared by Management Accountants
- Audit: preparation and coordination of UK deliverables, TB's, Balance Sheet Rec's,
- Audit: Coordinate direct reports
- Taxation: completion of detailed tax packs including back up reports for UK and International tax packs.
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Excellent level of commercial awareness
- Must have multisite, retail and/or margin/stock experience
- Highly motivated and 'can do' attitude
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being integral part of the team
- Attention to detail and consistent approach with focus on delivering results
- Able to build strong and professional relationships at all levels