Harper May are currently working with a high growth gaming and entertainment business who are changing the way their industry operates. The company has recently completed a large funding round and will be completing another significant Series A fundraise next year. The business will be expanding rapidly and are looking for a Financial Controller as a key hire reporting into the CFO.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts for US and UK tax purposes. Manage and improve the monthly management accounts process.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process (quarterly and annual)
- Cash flow management
- Project costing and cost accounting for employees
- Manage all tax compliance including submission of VAT returns
- Prepare information for annual tax returns (UK and US)
- Responsible for overseeing a bookkeeper (who will handle purchase ledger, payments and bank reconciliation, and daily bookkeeping of all transactions on Xero and Quickbooks)
- Help to develop and build financial management reporting and forecasting tied to analytics data to improve insights and drive real value to the business.
- Responsible for procurement and implementation of new systems as required
- Ad-hoc financial analysis, financial modelling, reporting and project management as required
- Qualified Accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA, minimum three years post qualified
- Experience of startup or scaleup culture strongly desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of Xero and Quickbooks
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communicator, able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong focus on controls and processes and a high attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative
and fast-paced environment
- Must be fluent in English