Harper May is currently working with a leading NGO based in St James Park. The company are currently seeking a Financial Controller to join their slick modern office and continue their exponential growth. My client can boast a fantastic working environment and have recently been included on the list of the 'best places to work'. The successful candidate will be fully qualified with prior NGO/professional services experience.
- Managing the month end processes including production of management accounts, cash flow forecasts and balance sheets with timely analysis of results, risks and opportunities
- Managing balance sheet reconciliations incorporating bank reconciliations, fixed assets, debtors, creditors including maintaining the fixed asset register, posting appropriate depreciation and managing VAT
- Managing credit control
- Managing the outsourced payroll function ensuring staff are paid correctly/on time, pension payments & HMRC payments and data are processed accurately within the required deadlines
- Managing the BACS process ensuring payment runs are made to ensure suppliers are paid promptly
- Producing robust financial reports and forecasts for the senior leadership team and boardhighlighting risks and opportunities
- Leading financial year-end process, including liaison with external auditors in conjunction with the board Finance and Risk Committee
- Supporting and providing into into the annual budget process and feeding into development of our business plan and strategy
- Maintaining and developing sound accounting and procurement controls and systems and ensure compliance with them is effectively monitored and reported on
- Providing due diligence and commercial advice on potential contracts as required
- Managing the development and administration of our Microsoft Dynamics Nav Finance System including identify and implement opportunities for streamlining financial processes and improving reporting and data to support decision making
- Planning and scheduling the workload of the finance team (currently 1 full-time Finance Manager)
- Building and maintaining good relationships with senior managers and budget holders across the organisation and ensuring finance support is of high quality
- Drive continuous change and improvement in service provision, financial analysis, systems and people.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified, QBE candidates will be considered
- Having experience of operating successfully in a finance function in an organisation with a turnover of at least £5 million
- Able to confidently lead on the month end and year-end cycle, including working closely with auditors
- Experience of operating in a commercial environment
- Being a natural people person, able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including Board members.
- Having a collaborative approach. You quickly build trusted relationships to engage key stakeholders and will see real value in engaging the wider team to achieve their ambitious mission and goals.
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong sense of urgency, an ability to meet changing priorities and demanding timescales and have the resilience to skilfully handle challenge and setbacks.
- Being open to self-analysis and feedback. You'll have learning and development as an integral part of your DNA. You learn from failure and accept mistakes as a natural part of the journey.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to liaise effectively with non-finance stakeholders to build relationships and drive a sense of ownership from budget holders
- Proficient IT skills including advanced Excel skills is required
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Nav finance system
- Experiencing of working with a non-executive board and its finance committee