Harper May is working with a bespoke, international luxury retailer based in High Wycombe. The company is heavily respected within this industry and is considered a major player due to the consistent quality of their products, winning a distinct level of industry recognition from critics and customers alike. Despite the relatively small size of the business, the company has bucked the general trends of retail companies, and has experienced rapid growth in recent years both in turnover and international exposure, with ambitious plans for even further growth into this currently monopolised market. To assist with these ambitious plans of growth, the company is looking to bring in a new Financial Controller to help in the running of the finance function of the business.
- Setting detailed budgets and creating forecast models
- Setting and implementing KPI's
- Mentoring and motivating a team of Accounts Assistants and Management Accountants
- Leading the preparation of the entire month end process, including the production of board packs
- Calculating monthly commissions and quarterly bonuses
- Weekly internal control testing and risk-based operational improvements
- Undertaking regular ad-hoc analytical duties in partnership with the Head of Finance
- A qualified accountant with ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
- Knowledge of Excel - intermediate to advance.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- A confident and assertive individual, someone who will fit in with the brands social ethos.