One of London's premier Private members' clubs is now looking for a Financial Controller to join the team based in London's West End. With a number of sites across London already, the group seeks a dynamic finance leader with a proven track record in leading and improving luxury hospitality businesses. The successful candidate will be fully qualified and will have a background in luxury hospitality (Hotels/Clubs/Restaurants).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Set up and improve finance related and internal controls procedures for the Group (i.e. Purchasing, petty cash, daily-cash ups, monthly payments, contracts on Sage system).
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Attend Investors or other key meetings and prepare supporting documentation for those meetings when requested.
- Supervise directly or indirectly all accounting functions, or perform individually: budgeting, cost accounting, general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, loans, bank statements and reconciliation.
- Supply management any and all financial information necessary for making policy decisions monthly.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
- SAGE Accounting System Proficiency
- Previous experience of working in the Luxury Hospitality industry, or membership club environment and minum 3 years in simular role.
- Financially astute, focused on the figures
- Strong IT skills and proficiency in MS Office package
- Good team ethos is important, along with the ability to develop other individuals within that team