Harper May are currently working with one of the fastest growing new Law Firms in London. The company has financial backing from a large investor and now has over 25 locations globally. The business offers multi- disciplinary services and is one of the most exciting businesses to work for in the UK. The company are looking for a new Financial Controller to report into the Finance Director.
- Management and development of a team of five staff including annual appraisals, promoting, career development and performance guidance.
- Produced annual accounts for statutory audit, and dealt with queries from the auditors
- Monthly management reporting that includes individual statistics showing KPI's, profit and loss, cash flow forecast and balance sheet.
- Assist in the budgeting process and producing a detailed salaries model for income and profitably analysis.
- Ensure compliance with Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) accounts rules
- Ensuring practice operated within its agreed overdraft facility.
- Along with FD develop daily production report showing activity across the firm and departments.
- Produce daily reporting package for partners showing fees and hours recorded versus budget, cash book position and valuation of work in progress and debtors across department and teams.
- Streamline the billing process improving efficiencies and productivity.
- Provide financial input for new client introduction process to ensure compliance with Law Society guidelines and anti-money laundering procedures.
Key skills and experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Previous legal experience
- Good knowledge of Excel - intermediate to advance.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.