Harper May is currently working with a prestigious financial services organisation based in central London. The company has a rich history of providing outstanding service and customer care, and as such has diversified their offering and grown globally. The company is now looking for an established Financial Controller to join their London team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a renowned company with an excellent working environment. The successful candidate will have prior financial services/insurance experience and will be fully qualified.
- Lead the month end ledger close reporting cycles, supporting onshore and offshore team members in delivery to timetable
- Drive process improvements in the month end process to deliver accurate results faster
- Collaborate with wider teams to understand financial implications of business changes and / or issues to ensure correct reporting of significant or unusual transactions
- Lead the monthly Accounting Transactions Forum
- Perform quality assurance on key controls performed across the ledger close cycle, e.g. journal entry review and reconciliations, to ensure operating effectiveness
- Liaise closely with external reporting team on technical accounting projects and lead implementation of any changes in accounting processes. Communicate technical accounting updates across the wider financial controls onshore and offshore team.
- Identify, own and manage risks appropriate to the role. Report appropriate issues and risks to senior management, while supporting offshore resources to understand and resolve issues
- Participate in Group-wide and Finance projects. Provide technical accounting and financial process expertise to project requirements' specifications
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferred)
- Prior Financial Services experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of IFRS and Solvency II reporting
- Experience of working within a Financial Control Reporting Framework or similar
- Experience with managing remote teams
- Ability to understand and run complex processes and suggest improvements and simplifications
- Microsoft Excel, Oracle Financials and Cognos TM1 experience would be advantageous