One of the UK's leading luxury watch retailers is currently looking for a Financial Controller to join its busy Central London Office. The company has been in business since the 1960s and has a strong global presence. The company seeks a dynamic and energetic individual to business partner the Finance Director on upcoming projects as well as taking charge of the company's day to day finances. This is an excellent opportunity for someone either straight out of practice or recently qualified from within the retail industry.
This role will be directly responsible for the company's E-Commerce platform which they plan to expand in the coming year so experience in working within this sector is highly desirable.
- A financial controller capable of leading by example and remaining hands-on within the team.
- Work collaboratively with the CFO around the business' buy and build strategy.
- Leading and mentoring the finance team.
- Help to build a top calibre finance function within an incredibly ambitious company.
- Someone who thrives working in a spirited and bright environment - and can preferably add to this!
- Provide timely and accurate budgets, financial trends, revenues, costs and P&L forecasts
- Responsible for the full monthly management and statutory reporting for the division, including monthly report packs with commentary.
- Assist the CFO in driving change across the business.
- Oversee payroll, credit control and management accounts functions
- Drive process improvement and streamline efficiencies across the finance function.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports with accurate and robust information.
- Candidates must have 2-3 years experience is a similar position
- Qualified or completed a professional qualification such as: ACA/ACCA
- Accounting experience in the Retail sector with a £50m+ business preferably
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Confident user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- SAP experience is a plus
- Experience dealing with stock