Harper May's client is currently looking for an ambitious Financial Controller to provide support to the Group Reporting and Commercial teams of one of the UK's largest Cinema companies. You will need a good understanding of complex Group Reporting and FP&A to ensure this is done to an adequate level. You will also be responsible for all subsidiary reporting systems and the maintenance of the group's reporting structure.
- Develop talent within the finance team through coaching and supporting team members to continually deliver their best.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts which includes ownership and control of the financial accounting records. This includes reconciliation of all ledger accounts, variance analysis with both budgets and margins for all projects and working with the CFO to update the forecast with current expectations.
- Ensuring the integrity of financial information, maintaining complete and accurate financial records and internal control processes.
- Review of the work prepared by your team to ensure it is timely, accurate and consistently at a high standard.
- Assist with cash-flow preparation, forex and payments; authorisation of online payments, and dual bank signatory.
- Monitor foreign exchange rates, to maximise inter-currency transfers and cash-flow.
- Monitoring the sales and WIP ledgers with the project management team. Ensuring the tracking of sales invoices against the corresponding client Purchase Order or contract, reviewing margins earned on projects verses original budget, WIP is billed in advance and ensuring all projects and costs are covered by an invoice.
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts and supporting information, including audit schedules.
- Assisting with the development of annual budgets.
- Supervision of monthly and year end payroll.
- Assist the CFO with the monthly financial update with Directors, and presentation of management accounts, providing high quality comprehensible financial information, including analysis of financial status, variance analysis and projected results.
- Assist with the forecasting of the financials for the company by liaising with the Senior Management Team about new projects and any material changes to existing budgets and costs; updated on a monthly basis to reflect best estimate.
- Ensure the whole department is technically up to date. Ad hoc administration and other duties as may be required from time to time.
- ACA / ACCA Qualified
- Big4 1st time mover at Manager level or at least 2 years in industry will be considered
- You will need a good understanding of hedge accounting, treasury and savings products
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to understand SQL coding for QRM is desired but not necessary
- Experience of managing a small team