Harper May is currently working with a small up and unique Property and Construction Company based in central London. The company focuses on co-living and co-working space. With the recent changes in the industry and the city lifestyle being of interest to young professionals the private equity backed company has had consistent growth and success in the market since being incorporated around 5 years ago. The company prides itself on having a team of vibrant thinkers with big ambitions. The company is looking for a financial controller to join their team. The successful candidate will have relevant experience advanced financial management skills and experience at a management level. The successful candidate will also have experience in the retail, real estate or hospitality sectors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the finance team and developing the department
- Working closely with the Head of Finance
- Developing new business opportunities
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts of the future performance of the business
- Full control of reporting and statutory compliance across the group
- Review and monitoring of Group tax position, calculations and filings
Applying candidates must be:
- ACA qualified (Big 4 preferred, will consider candidates straight out of practice)
- 0-2 years post qualified experience.
- Excellent Excel
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines.