Harper May is working with a FTSE listed healthcare business who are currently looking for a Financial Controller to look after a portfolio of their London sites. The business is renowned for its impeccable standards across its sites as well as industry leading corporate practices. This role will be responsible for a group of 4 hospitals with a combined turnover of roughly £60m.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a dynamic and energetic Finance professional with at last 5+ years in the private healthcare sector. Team management and qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) are essential for this vacancy.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Group Finance Director
- To work with the HD and Senior Management Team (SMT) to develop the groups business strategy.
- Alongside the SMT provide the leadership in translating and implementing the group strategy into operational practice and to deliver on business objectives and annual operating plans for P&L and working capital.
- To deliver insightful analysis to support decision making and improve performance. To support and develop the financial, operational and commercial decision making of staff and teams in the hospitals.
- To add value to the business by helping managers seek out commercially attractive opportunities and promote risk taking in the drive to develop and deliver a differentiated service to our consultants and patients.
- To support business development by maximising resource allocation enabling the hospitals to expand their reach into existing and new markets.
- To deliver the decision support, financial and operational reporting to ensure that the hospitals operate efficiently, effectively and in compliance with corporate standards.
- To work with colleagues to promote a commercial culture of continuous improvement in order to deliver the highest quality processes and services to consultants and patients whilst delivering the hospitals strategy and plans.
- To ensure that the processes and structures of the hospitals are appropriate for the robust data collection and production of accurate management information
- To ensure that contracts with organisations purchasing services from the hospital are commercially agreed.