Harper May is working exclusively with a bespoke, international luxury retailer with a major presence on the fashion runways of London, New York and Milan. The company produces a luxury clothing range, with their designers considered to be at the forefront of fashion design, consistently producing groundbreaking designs which are heavily sought out across the globe. The company is heavily respected within this industry and is considered a major player due to the consistent quality of their products, winning a distinct level of industry recognition from critics and customers alike. Despite the relatively small size of the business, the company has bucked the general trends of retail companies, and has experienced rapid growth in recent years both in turnover and international exposure, with ambitious plans for even further growth into this currently monopolised market. To assist with these ambitious plans of growth, the company is looking to bring in a new Group Financial Controller to help in the running of the finance function of the business.
- Extensive business partnering with senior stakeholders to ensure the continued success of the brand
- Manage and develop finance team
- Act as the focal point for all Financial and Management Reporting requirements for the UK business
- Ensuring all month-end / annual deadlines are met and all reporting to the global parent company is timely and accurate
- Act as link between finance and the wider business to ensure all integration of finance into the business is achieved.
- Manage ad hoc projects within finance and new systems and controls are implemented
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified with a preference for ACA
- Experienced in managing, developing and growing a team
- Must be technically focussed with a keen eye for detail.
- Background in retail would be extremely beneficial